Our client is looking to hire a Broker Account Executive in California.
The base salary is $100,000-$150,000 and $200,000-$300,000 total.
This role reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and works collaboratively with senior leaders and division heads to develop a comprehensive pipeline of property and casualty brokers, cross-sell new products/services to existing clients, and generate ideas to respond to client needs and improve the new business ratio of the private entity portfolio.
The individual in this position will be responsible for developing production and sales goals in collaboration with the Chief Revenue Officer and consulting with organizational leaders and division heads.
The role will also coordinate the company’s marketing and sales strategy within the broker & carrier marketplace, expand market share, and implement winning sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
This could include exploring new geographical areas, product diversification, or changes in client demographics by understanding and predicting customer purchasing trends.
- Develop specific and measurable broker outreach strategies and outreach activity plan
- Develop a comprehensive carrier development strategy with both existing and prospective carrier partners
- Identify, evaluate, and follow up on sales leads to close deals
- Implement various marketing strategies such as content marketing, cold calling, email campaigns, and other strategies to generate viable leads that can be converted to successful new clients
- Conduct capability presentations to brokers, carriers, and prospects to support growth and development of the sales pipeline
- Assist in developing specific strategies to aid in the development of broker/carrier relationships
- Develop a sustainable sales pipeline in conjunction with the company’s overall growth strategy
- Act as a company relationship manager with current and prospective broker and carrier partners as appropriate
- Coordinate sales channel and partner development and add new sales channels and third-party partners
- Analyze sales statistics to assist brokers and carriers in promoting the sales of the company’s services
- Represent the company at various functions such as trade shows, conferences, and industry association meetings to create awareness about the organization, promote company products and services, and generate potential leads
- Develop and nurture relationships with key and strategic buyers
- Implement the full sales cycle, including market research, market analysis or data analytics for the lead, pitching to decision makers at the prospect
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of marketplace competitors
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of broker and carrier markets and competitive landscape; aligns work with strategic goals
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience with the third-party administrator selection process, from either the TPA side or on behalf of a broker, carrier, or self-insured entity