In order to generate income, the Pre-Sales Engineer collaborates with the VP of Business Development in a market-facing role.
This role in business development is in charge of coming up with solutions and completing transactions for projects involving information technology, professional services, and cyber security.
This role is based in Downers Grove with a base salary of $90,000-$110,000 plus bonus, which may be negotiable based on experience.
A technologist who wants to use cutting-edge technology, communicate with clients, and solve business challenges would find this position ideal.
- Work with the pursuit team to develop solutions that assist clients in achieving their goals as leads are generated by others (Sales, Client Engagement).
- Determine the nature of the company’s issue and look for options for change through analysis.
- Working with subject-matter experts on a regular basis as part of discovery
job together with the professional services team(the company that will perform the work) to coordinate implementation before, during, and after the project
- Create work statements that include the main tasks, the estimated effort, and the product specifications (s)
- Taking an active role in the “technical close,” making sure the proposed solution satisfies the technical, functional, and financial requirements while persuading the client to proceed.
- Create long-term roadmaps for customers that include phased-out upgrades that are in line with their budget and schedule.
- By producing supporting materials (sales collateral, RFP/RFI, etc.) and giving in-person presentations, you may support the proposal process. You can also ensure smooth handoffs from sales to services and back to the client after it’s finished.
- Participate in weekly sales and account planning sessions • Create solutions, quotes, and orders
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a pre-sales engineering or comparable role
- Successful candidates will have worked for a managed services provider or IT consulting organization
- Knowledgeable in cutting-edge technologies (Microsoft stack, Cloud, Mobile, Security and Resiliency solutions)
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year College or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong presenting, presentation management, and customer service skills
- Continuous learner who stays current with industry changes; self-motivated; able to function with little guidance
- Driven, with a sense of urgency to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Able to articulate the business value for technology investments
- Demonstrated level of success in developing client relationships
- High energy and drive with good negotiation skills
- Experienced in crafting high-quality written communications and materials
- Capable of multitasking and adapting to changes