We are seeking an Account Executive role in the sports media industry. Our client offers a unique product, providing high-quality digital scoreboards to high schools for FREE.
Most ask, “What is the catch?” There is no catch. Our client generates revenue through advertising and sponsorship sales featured on the scoreboard. A portion of that revenue is then shared with the school.
In other words, it does not cost the school anything; they also make money from it. We’re seeking Account Executives to sell advertising and sponsorships to local businesses, including realtors, hospitals, lawyers, retail businesses, home builders, and insurance companies, to name a few.
The base salary is $50,000-$65,000 with an OTE of $100,000-$130,000 in the first year. Commissions are uncapped.
This is a 100% work-from-home position; however, you must live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area.
There’s TONS of opportunity for advancement, as our client is looking for people who will be with them long-term and help expand the already quickly growing business!
Account Executive – Daily Life
● Communicate with marketing managers/directors and business owners
● Create attractive and well-written email proposals
● Clearly communicate with Athletic Directors and other key contacts at partner schools
● Generate warm leads through networking and research
● Prospect using phone, email and face-to-face
● Maintain sales pipeline by following up with potential leads
● Negotiate and close deals
● Prepare contracts and internal paperwork
● Facilitate minor customer service requests
● Conduct in-person group and individual sales meetings, presentations
● Build relationships with customers and prospects by sharing meals, attending games and other relationship building experiences
Account Executive – Key Skills
● Strong desire to succeed
● High EQ, high likability
● Superior work ethic and the ability to work independently
● Polish – the ability to speak and present clearly and articulately, as well as understand social dynamics
● Team player mentality – must work well with others and contribute positively to the team
● Creativity – the ability to help customers come up with great advertising ideas
● Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
● Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, email, Dropbox, Google Docs and CRM. Training will be provided.
● Professional and positive demeanor. Ethical behavior and integrity while interacting with customers and co-workers
● Outgoing, enthusiastic personality. High personal energy and natural optimism.
● Previous B2B sales, advertising sales and/or sponsorship sales experience helpful