We have a Sales Director, Enterprise for one of our fastest growing software clients in River North. The company has received over $20 million in funding.
This is an individual contributor role with a base salary of up to $125,000 and $225,000-$250,000 in total compensation. Commissions are uncapped and they may be open to a ramp-up or draw.
The company sells a software that automates the back-end process integrated with the only global B2B payment solution purpose-built for meeting and event payments. We enable companies to finally have visibility into their event spend, while making the process easier for everyone.
THE ROLE DEFINED:
The Sales Director, Enterprise is responsible for closing new deals for enterprise spend management solution. Territory will include Fortune 1000 companies in the technology, financial services, and healthcare life sciences segments.
You will be assigned a set of accounts that currently do not do business with the company. To be successful in this role, you must be able to manage the entire sales lifecycle, from cold-calling to close, and to consistently meet or exceed your sales goals.
You will develop compelling business cases that result from understanding a customer’s end-to-end meeting payment and reporting process, pain points and opportunities. As such, a strong understanding of business process and the product are important to your success in this role.
A proven record of success in a highly competitive sales environment with experience and demonstrated success managing the entire sales cycle are a must. You must be also be comfortable operating independently (schedule appointments, advance deals, negotiate agreements), while also effectively quarterbacking the deal to bring in the right resources at the right time.
This role requires about 25% travel to prospect accounts and industry events. You can expect that initially you will be responsible for setting your own appointments but that over time, about 25-30% of your appointments would be set for you by a business development representative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed established sales goals.
- Track all relevant activities, calls, and opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Manage the sales pipeline and forecast opportunities accurately.
- Design and execute lead generation initiatives (including cold calling, networking & channel working) in order to identify and contact prospective clients and build pipeline to plan.
- Develop and manage relationships across functional departments and ranging from executive management to working level.
- Develop a keen understanding of the prospective customer’s business operations particularly as it relates to procurement, finance, and meetings and events operations.
- Develop a keen understanding of the company’s target market and competitors in order to better distinguish to clients the advantages of the solution.
- Lead software demonstrations that convey a firm grasp of the prospective customer’s business as well as specific benefits derived from utilizing our software solution.
- Negotiate agreements for the sale of software and associated professional services.
- Create specific targeted sales plans for territory base and report to upper management on a regular basis.
- Maintain an accurate and forecastable sales pipeline.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILL SETS PREFERRED:
- At least 5 years of enterprise sales experience with at least 2 years of SaaS experience
- Strong technical knowledge of business process and technology solutions in the areas of procurement, finance or meetings management.
- Ideal candidate will have solid understanding of business use cases, financial acumen and workflow solutions
- College degree required