Our client in Addison, IL is seeking an Outside Sales Representative who has a machinery or industrial sales background.
50% of your appointments will be set for you.
The base salary may be negotiable but is typically up to $65,000 and $130,000 total.
- Handles Sales duties in the assigned region of the USA
- Motivates independent Sales Representatives in selling machines and services
- Multi tasks and drives the business by bringing in new opportunities from prospective and existing customers
- Handles trade show aspects, including set up, tear down, and the most important one of all – lead generation
- Manages new opportunities from initial contact to final sale
- Keeps a pulse on competitive trends and adjust sales tactics to achieve positive results
- Travels usually twice per month, sometimes more
- Communicates with laptop and various mobile devices to the home office
- Builds a business plan using the Growth Plan for each sales territory with the local representative, sets regular benchmarks and follows up to completion
- Exhibits Integrity and Character in all activities
- Assists the Production team with any customer and prospect information requests and reviews each request with the appropriate Production team manager and/or team member
- Directs him or herself in a manner that is positive and promotes the company in the most positive manner to achieve results
- Utilizes SAP CRM system to enhance prospect and customer machine sales
- Provides timely SAP CRM updates and supplies the team with a window into all pertinent Sales territory activities
- Conducts customer and prospect plant visits for machine demonstration or acceptance/run-off while taking care of all necessary arrangements
- Facilitates the Engineering team with relevant product performance feedback and future product development ideas
- Provides Frequent forecast data to the team using SAP CRM
- Gathers competitive data and communicates to the respective team department managers and members
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.