One of our clients, who is based in Chicago is seeking an Outside Sales Representative in or around the Champaign, IL area (within 50 miles). This is a work from home role.
The base salary is $75,000-$125,000 and the total compensation is $125,000-$200,000.
The company is very well funded by a strong private equity company and sells a unique financial software to land owners.
- Launch and grow the company’s presence
- Run sales and marketing experiments
- Call and meet with prospective customers
- Local prospecting and networking within the landowner community
- Represent the company at local events including workshops, trade shows, county fairs
- Identify and establish relationships with local channel partners including financial advisors, estate attorneys, accountants, and insurance agents
- Work with marketing team to hone the marketing for the region
- Maintain internal company CRM systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Must not be afraid to sell
- Understand technology at a high level
- 4+ years selling products in financial services (insurance, financial planning, investment services) with a demonstrated track record of performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, agricultural science
- Excitement for outside sales
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a startup is a plus but not required
- Some farming experience or agricultural sales experience is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently