One of our clients in River North is a fast-growing health insurance company looking to hire a Business Analyst.
You MUST be extremely strong in Microsoft Excel which will be a huge part of the job.
The base salary will be $60,000-$70,000 which may be negotiable based on experience.
- Understand the company’s business processes, to help support the objectives
- Work together with executive management to understand challenges and gaps within current processes to help improve visibility and performance with data
- Find opportunities to utilize data and analysis to create value for the business
- Provide new and creative insights to business leaders through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics
- Create interactive dashboards and reports to increase visibility for our licensed advisors
- Forecasting using complex and intuitive models
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate data to provide recommendations for projects and initiatives
- Synthesize raw data into digestible and actionable information
- Continually think of new ways that data-based insights can help support the organization
- 2+ years of experience guiding strategic decision-making in a business context through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics
- Expert (or near expert) in Microsoft Excel
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects and demonstrating the ability to effectively plan and prioritize work to achieve the greatest impact as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Proven ability to create visualizations and reports that are dynamic, intuitive, and easily interpretable for a range of user types
- Proven ability to take insights and turn them into actionable steps that can drive business value
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding
- Experience extracting and standardizing inconsistent data from disparate data sources
- Desire to improve and expand analytical and data visualization skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight