Our client is looking to hire an Enterprise Sales Representative of IT Services. You can be based in any major city.
The base salary is $125,000-$200,000 and $250,000-$400,000 total, which may be negotiable based on experience.
Recognizing a significant market opportunity, our client has created a mould-breaking business that delivers world-class, customer-centric independent IBM software support services to a global clientele.
By harnessing both extensive internal technical expertise and a vast (and growing) IBM support ecosystem, the company has expanded beyond its origins as an IBM Business Partner to become the only credible independent provider of software maintenance for IBM software products.
We are now seeking an experienced Enterprise Sales Representative to help sell service offerings in the US. The right candidate will be customer focused, entrepreneurial, and will have a proven track record of sales excellence. A detailed description of the position is included below.
This is a very exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing and highly disruptive market. The company offers suitable candidates a fantastic opportunity to market and sell a valuable and customer-centric offering into a large target market, providing significant opportunity for financial reward and internal career development while working in a global company with a strong vision of the future state of the software maintenance market.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter with at least 7-10 years of IT-related selling experience, ideally to CIOs and CTOs at the enterprise level. He/she should be a salesperson first and foremost, with a track record to prove it. Our preference will be for candidates who have consistently over-performed, who have demonstrated entrepreneurial skills in previous roles, and who have a deep background in selling IT consulting and/or managed service offerings at the enterprise level.
In addition to work experience, candidates should be able to demonstrate the kind of attention to detail and understanding of operational matters that are required to deliver sales success at this level. While selling experience is highly desirable, if the right candidate has a background in management consulting, systems integration or IT consulting, and can demonstrate a passion for selling, then this individual will be strongly considered.
- Meet and exceed agreed quarterly and annual Sales targets:
- New customer sales in the territory
- Maintain and grow contracted revenue within organizations where potential for growth exists
- Maintain or manage contracted revenue for all other clients to ensure contracts remain for as long as possible
- Promoting and selling the full capabilities of offerings to existing, strategic accounts in North America.
- Develop relationships with senior client stakeholders and partners to build short, medium and long term business opportunities in strategic accounts.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the executive level decision-makers at customers, and develop well-grounded account plans to maximize growth.
- Gain intimate knowledge of the offering and the core value proposition and those of our competitors such that you can effectively position and differentiate the offering with our client base.
- Identify market needs and trends for IBM software support, and establish yourself as a key enabler for your customers to execute their programs for change & IT transformation.
- Build and manage a well-qualified opportunity pipeline which is correctly reflected on CRM system, in order to deliver accurate sales forecasting.
- Assist in getting clients to act as references and possible Case studies.
- Assist in transition of all new clients as they come on board:
- Build a model for smooth welcoming of new clients and a transition from Marketing/Sales teams to Account Management team
- Leverage sales opportunity qualification processes to establish compelling, competitive customer proposals.
Essential or Highly-desired Experience
- A likely minimum of 10+ years proven sales and account management experience in IT services
- Experience selling for (or to) major software vendors (e.g. SAP or Oracle), or other experience with complex selling and/or solution design and delivery for such entities
- The ideal candidate will have recent experience of selling to or account management of Fortune 500 companies
- Must be able to provide evidence of performance versus targets in current and previous roles
- Demonstrable ability to be a key influencer at senior level in tier 1 accounts
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain client (C level decision maker) relationships
- Strong level of IT awareness and understanding
- Demonstrable commercial aptitude and operations knowledge, with experience and ability to negotiate complex deals successfully
- Ability to understand and articulate customer issues and requirements and match those needs to the design and provision of a compelling IT services proposition
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Computer literate, preferably with good experience working with Microsoft Office suite and CRM tools