One of our clients is seeking an Enterprise Account Executive in the Chicago Loop. They are a fast growing supply chain software company. The company is backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago and sell to Fortune 500 companies.
The base salary is up to $125,000 with expected first year earnings of -$250,000+. Commissions are uncapped plus there are stocks options. 90% of your appointments will be set for you.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Deep understanding of the business and technical contexts in which key accounts are situated
- Desire to use a proven and scalable sales, qualification and forecasting process
- Ability to build relationships and establish trust
- Innovative vision and foresight to anticipate and create new opportunities
- Highly achievement oriented – you want to see the leaderboard because you are always at the top
As the Quarterback of the account/territory, you will develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive business plan for your territory, including identifying core enterprise customers and prospects, and mapping the benefits of the solutions to the business requirements. You will strive to understand the customer’s organizational structure and work to achieve alignment with all stakeholders. Through use of sales tools, you will take full responsibility for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and facilitation of sales enablement to implement account and business plans.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop detailed account-based sales plans and sales forecasts
- Spend 80% of your time out of the office, meeting with clients, prospects and partners
- Manage time and create strategic call plans
- Manage a multi-state territory of over 100 accounts
- Effectively develop and close 4-6 sales campaigns every quarter
- Build an exhaustive network and generate prolific referrals
- Take control of active sales cycles while building new business pipeline through prospecting and relationship building
- Proactively manage and direct the sales strategy to create a winning solution
- Sell “high and wide” across multiple Lines of business simultaneously
- At least 7+ years of technology-based enterprise sales experience; SaaS experience is a must
- Knowledge of the supply-chain and logistics space strongly preferred (JDA, Oracle, Manhattan, SAP etc.). Complex Enterprise Software experience a must.
- Track record of over-achieving quota (consistently top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Self-starter with a “Hunter” mentality
- Ability to operate in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a cadence of delivering consistent results
- Success selling into multi-billion dollar businesses
- Track record of carrying an annual quota of $1.5M+
- Previous sales process & methodology training
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background