The Director of Research will be responsible for identifying sectors prime for M&A activity and growth, developing focused investment strategies, sourcing and developing proprietary investment opportunities and acquisition targets across all industries.
This is a client facing role and will require to advise clients of sectors worthy of conducting a search that will help close an M&A deal.
The base salary will be up to $100,000 plus bonuses.
- Develop industry and market research reports and other tools supporting market penetration. Use SEC 10-K and 10-Q filings, investment banking reports and other resources to determine size, scope and growth of the US and international market and advise the client whether or not the investment area is a target rich sector.
- Prepare marketing decks for prospective clients.
- Manage the research strategy after kicking off a new project with the Business Development and Research team. Actively identify all the different resources to identify targets and gather accurate information on targets. Engage client in identifying the list of companies in the US and international markets.
- Identify platform and add-on acquisition target companies based on the thesis. Evaluate whether or not a target company is a fit based on but not limited to: revenue, geography, EBITDA, distribution, recent news, margin estimates, etc.
- Keep track of all resources used and how we are on track on research process.
- Manage between 2-4 active projects at any given time.
- Enter data and manage Salesforce for accurate information on all projects, accounts and contacts.
- Must be a self-starter, curious, tenacious and have a role-up-sleeves work style in an entrepreneurial office environment.
- Strong client facing communication skills and the ability to work across, above and below the organization.
- Strong time management skills. Will be expected to manage 2-4 active projects at one time.
- Ability to think strategically and advise clients on sectors that are target rich with high probability of executing an acquisition deal.
- Ability to think systematically and structurally. Advise internal team of new and improved resources or methodologies we can add to our process.
- Detail oriented when delivering high quality work against tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate maturity and sound judgement, integrity and self-confidence, with a strong desire to grow the Research team.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant work experience in another research position where market analysis is performed.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- This is a full-time job requiring work from 8-5pm Monday through Friday.