One of our clients in the Algonquin, IL area is seeking a Director of Sales.
The company is a 30 year old custom packaging and manufacturing company that specializes in selling to the Beauty, Food, Health and Chemical markets.
We’re looking for somebody that can be in a player/coach role (selling 60% of the time and managing 40% of the time) and there is flexibility to work from home.
As you grow the team, our expectation is for you to be managing more and selling less.
However, 80% of your selling will be managing current clients and growing them. In other words, you will very rarely be going after completely cold business.
Sales Role – 60% of time
- Be a diligent “hunter” … qualify, identify and close new accounts and sales opportunities
- Develop and manage strategic relationship with all customers
- Retain and grow existing accounts, while managing target account margins
- Achieve assigned performance metrics, activity and results
- Be a collaborative team member
- Deliver proposals/price quotes
- Stay current on industry trends and competitive landscape
- Be dedicated to personal career development … continue training and education
- Develop account sales budgets and penetration plans with management
- Educate and train customers around industry trends and capabilities
- Support Account Managers and other team members in order to maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Populate CRM system with all sales and opportunity activity
- Develop and make presentations about products and services to prospects and customers
Sales Manager – 40% of time
- Develop overall company sales strategy that is in alignment with the overall company growth strategy as developed by the Leadership Team
- Achieve assigned performance metrics … activity and results
- Design and deploy sales and marketing support systems and tools to improve sales productivity and performance
- Develop and execute strategic staffing and recruiting plan for the Sales, Customer Support and Marketing Teams
- Lead, Manage (coach and mentor) and hold Accountable all members of the Sales, Customer Support and Marketing Teams for their performance
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Team
- Develop annual sales quotas for teams and territories, projecting expected unit sales volume, revenue dollars and profit dollars for existing and new products
- Design and assign performance metrics and accountabilities for the Sales, Customer Support and Marketing Teams
- Design and implement lead generation and client retention strategies designed to increase sales and enhance gross profit margins by analyzing trends and results
- Develop sales pricing processes and guidelines by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
- Develop expense budgets
- Mentor, evaluate and train members the Sales, Customer Support and Marketing Teams
- Develop sales and marketing compensation plans that drive the desired behavior
- Develop annual sales award programs
- Conduct regular sales and marketing team meetings and 1-2-1’s with members
- Make joint sales calls with sales team, as needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Establish product and pricing strategy; set pricing per deal as necessary up to a 5% discount off list pricing on deals less than $25,000
- Discipline employees as needed within HR guidelines
- Manage company expenses within guidelines
- Commit to ship/delivery dates within guidelines