We are seeking a Business Development Representative to call on Enterprise accounts (Fortune 1000 accounts) for one of our fastest growing clients in River North. This company has over $20 million in funding and has rapid room for advancement.
The base salary will be $40,000-$50,000 and $55,000-$70,000 in total compensation.
The end goal is to have train you in this role and promote you to a sales position within 9-12 months where you can make 6 figures.
They have developed software that automates the back-end process integrated with the only global B2B payment solution purpose-built for meeting and event payments. They enable companies to finally have visibility into their event spend, while making the process easier for everyone.
THE ROLE DEFINED:
As the Business Development Representative, you will generate leads through outbound activity (cold-calling, email) with Fortune 1000 companies in the technology, financial services and healthcare life sciences segments. You will be part of a team that includes experienced Sales Directors and will work to fill their pipeline. This team approach will also enable you to develop your skills and learn from their extensive experience so that you can progress your sales career within our company.
Fundamentally, we are looking for driven, high-energy professionals with strong sales instincts and business acumen. You must have a proven record of success in a highly competitive sales environment with inside sales experience a plus. Finally, you must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, react quickly to change in direction and operate day-to-day with little supervision.
Success in this role will enable you to be considered for advancement within the first twelve months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed established sales goals
- Achieve daily and weekly call activity goals (able to make 50 calls/day)
- Track all relevant activities, calls, and opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Set appointments with qualified roles in named accounts, including procurement (Chief Procurement Officer, VP Indirect Procurement, Category Manager, Head of Strategic Meetings Management), finance (Chief Finance Officer, VP Procure-to-pay) and Marketing (Head of Corporate Events, Events Manager, Marketing Operations)
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to develop new sales campaigns and drive lead conversion
- Clearly articulate the company’s value proposition to prospects and explain features and benefits
- Create a great first impression of our company throughout the sales process; exercise strong communication skills, interpersonal intelligence and follow-up capabilities
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILL SETS PREFERRED:
- 1 year experience in an inside sales role with track record of achieving activity targets and sales goals
- Self-starter, highly motivated, with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Goal-oriented with a drive to achieve results
- College degree required