The Business Development Representative (BDR) role is intended to be an entry level position. BDRs are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities – powering the sales engine. The BDR will manage the inbound lead activity, qualify active buying interest, and develop opportunities in prospect accounts. The BDR will implement a prospecting process that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
The position offers an opportunity to work with amazing co-workers who are building a differentiated and compelling product. We have a great work/life balance, quarterly team activities, and a casual working environment with professional work ethics.
The position is based in River North and will start off at a $35,000 base salary and $60,000-$65,000 total. However, we see most BDRs promoted in 9 months and their base salaries increased to $45,000-$48,000 with a total compensation closer to 6 figures.
The employer also covers 100% of health, vision and dental insurance.
- Prospect, qualify, and develop accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready meetings for the team
- Learn the product and competitive landscape so that you successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Desire and willingness to spend a significant portion of the day cold-calling with energy and positive attitude
- Good interpersonal and phone skills
- A strong and determined work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Sales training and cold-calling experience is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics is helpful along with a healthy curiosity of the financial markets
One of the fastest growing financial software companies that has quickly become a go-to solution for investment professionals, portfolio managers, and wealth advisors.
The team’s backgrounds include work and education at Google, Tribune Company, Goldman Sachs, FactSet, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and The Wall Street Journal. They are flexible with hours, vacation, dress, and career paths, but have a passion for disrupting the financial software market.