One of our clients is seeking a Quality Control Manager for their Public Accounting firm in the Chicago Loop.
The base salary is up to $130,000.
The Quality Control Manager will oversee the company’s quality control function such as overseeing the pre-issuance/review of financial statements, inspection of engagements/consultation and research of the technical issues, and maintenance of quality control documents and technical resource library.
This individual will also be involved with the firm’s committees and development of internal education programs.
- Research and present on technical accounting issues
- Evaluate accounting and auditing procedures
- Review planning, engagement letters, risk assessments, attorney and engagement letters
- Review of compliance with compilation and preparation documentation
- Review updates from AICPA, FASB and other vendors
- Follow updates related to engagement quality as reported by AICPA, Center for Audit Quality
- Evaluate reporting of journal entries
- Attend AICPA NAAATS conference and other useful conferences
- Oversee Clerical Report Processors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting is preferred
- CPA license
- 10+ years audit experience in a mid-size to large public accounting firms
- Audit and accounting experience in a variety of industries
- Knowledge of Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS), Center for Audit Quality (CAQ), Center for Plain English Accounting (CPEA), Employee Benefit Plan Audit quality Center (EBPAQC), Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC) and broker dealer
- Quality Control experience is a plus
- Background working with committees such as AICPA and Illinois CPA Society is a plus