One of our clients in the Columbus, Ohio area is looking to hire at least 1 Financial Planner.
This position supports Advisors with the financial planning process and workflow.
You must be a self-motivated leader with experience in all aspects of the financial planning process. The Financial Planner will be empathetic to the clients, decisive, confident, and respected.
This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has an educational background in Finance and wants to be a successful member of a private wealth advisory team where there is an opportunity for growth and continued education in the field of comprehensive financial planning and investment management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Securities Licenses – Series 7, Series 66, SIE preferred (or be willing to obtain them)
- Certified Financial Planner designation strongly preferred.
- Provides support to Advisors at an expert level in servicing clients and managing financial planning workflow. This includes assisting Advisor in servicing clients by collecting and inputting data for financial plans, running scenarios, and closing out plans.
- Coordinates with the investment, insurance and service delivery departments to obtain pertinent information for financial plans.
- Maintains client contact during the financial planning process.
- Works hand-in-hand with Advisors to prepare materials for client meetings, including but not limited to, the preparation of account level advice letters to meet compliance requirements, financial plans, and other documents as requested by the Advisor.
- Reviews and updates client information as needed for client review meetings. Attends and participates in client meetings if requested by Advisor.
- Responsible for the review of all client meetings to ensure all follow-up as it relates to the clients financial plan is completed.
- Prepares and verifies information for client forms, applications, and other documents.
- Ensures confidentiality with respect to all client and prospective client information.
- Coordinates with Home Office to resolve issues that may arise.
- Builds and maintains a deep understanding of client process and needs, as well as industry trends, best practices, and solutions.
- Provides general administrative duties.
- Maintains client records by filing and organizing client information, forms and documents within Compliance Manual records retention and filing requirements.
- Displays willingness to learn all compliance regulations consistent with regulatory and Broker Dealer requirements.
- This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.